Slider

Once a month grocery shopping *update*

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Friends--- once a month grocery shopping is NOT for us. Sorry to report, we are back to once a WEEK shopping! :) 

My family thought they could ALL.THE.FOOD in the first week or two since we had so much. They also didn't abide the rules of what produce to eat first, my husband being the worst offender. I found myself running to get more milk, bread, cheese, and produce than our budget allowed, because well, we stocked up so much that my boys and hubby are like kings every time I wasn't in the kitchen to moderate! Stinkers!!! 

Anyhow, with warmer weather here we have started receiving our CSA box once a week, on Tuesdays, which is also the day I go grocery shopping, and the day that our little farmers market is happening in town. So I grocery shop in the morning, shop our farmers market in the afternoon and then pick up our CSA box that evening! There is also a farmers market in Beatrice, only 15 minutes away, on Thursday evenings. Parker attends summer camp in Beatrice on Thursdays so I hope to be able to stop at that market on Thursdays also. 
I found a source for goat and cow milk so we will be eating a lot of local foods this summer and I couldn't be happier! 

Lastly, we put it in our own, small, garden this year so we should have plenty of FRESH, local and yummy sources of food this season!!

Blessings, 
Dakota XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan