Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Mornings are not my thing

I wish society wasn't soooo obsessed with early mornings. I truly understand that getting up earlier and before my kids will help me set the tone for my morning. Any morning I am able to accomplish getting up before our children wake, I do get more done and it feels great! But why does everybody think that I always need to do this to be productive before anybody else in my home decides to peek an eyelid open? I enjoy slowly waking my body up and getting ready for my day. The perfect time to "start" my day is usually around 10a.m. By then I have enough coffee in me, have enjoyed some snuggles with babies and got breakfast off the dining room table.


It is just so hard for me to wake earlier since I am usually up for nighttime nursing sessions, rocking toddlers back to sleep and am always the last to bed. I feel like I get more done in the late night hours, after I get all three kiddos to sleep, than I do in the mornings where I feel rushed and like I have to tiptoe around more, in fear of waking somebody before I have five tasks checked off my to-do list. My to-do list seems much more "do-able" after in the morning or nine in the evening.


 I enjoy tackling my day fully fueled with a warm and nourishing breakfast, a cup of coffee or two down, and after I get a good conversation/snuggle in with the kiddos. Maybe this is why I enjoy being able to be a stay at home mom so much... I don't have to run out of the house after a frazzled morning of yelling, wrangling boys, and without breakfast...because we usually were doing this when we would have to leave before 8 a.m. to get anywhere at a decent time. I get to slowly start my day, at my own pace and with (usually) fewer arguments. 

If I only I could get to bed sooner to get more sleep though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment