Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Easter Story Day #1

I am very hit or miss here in this space on the World Wide Web, HOWEVER, I am challenging myself to blog twelve days in a row-ish! ;) I'm hilarious, I know! I thought I would document how we are learning, celebrating, and readying ourselves for Easter this year! Since this 12 days includes Easter Sunday and a couple other days we will be busy partying it up, I may squish a couple days into one! I knew you would understand! 

So! Today we read this great book I found at the thrift store a couple months ago. 
It is lengthy and has lots of words, but a great book for Parker since he is four and ready to learn more! I also had a friends two year old today and she was able to sit and listen to the entire story! 

We also skipped ahead in this children's bible story book! 
I love this one and it is what we use everyday with our Heart of Dakota curriculum! 
After our story time we started our resurrection eggs. This is the first year to do these so I will have Parker color each piece as we go this time! 




I bought this set on clearance last year from Oriental Trading after the season. I think they were about $3-$4! 


Our "project" for the day was to make Palm leaves/branches... This template came from the awesome mentor moms in the MOPs group I used to attend. 


What all this really looks like ;)
Coffee is a must. 

Any fun ideas you have for celebrating Easter? I'd love to hear! 

Blessings!
Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment